Thursday, May 6, 2010

Strawberry Picking












May 6 2010

We decided we better get our tails to the field before all these strawberries are gone. Heidi, Shaana, and I took our kids plus one, grabbed our buckets, bent over, and started a pickin. Little did I know that picking with small kids is not my leisurely idea of a stress free trip. I set Noah down thinking,"He will just watch and play with the leaves." Oh, no he knew exactly what to do. He plucked the ripe berries off the vine. Before I noticed, he was chewing them up about to swallow. He got really mad when I took it out of his mouth. Who knows if that was the first one he ate??? Then, he threw up all over my foot, that is why I suspect the had eaten more.

So we are picking along, and I am beginning to remember when my parents took me as a little girl. Remembering my how it seems lots easier when I was young. Carefree and I could just run through the field and get dirty. Not that I ever would have gotten dirty. We took home around 4 lbs. of yummy strawberries.

I have the best job in the world.
We will have to take Daddy back sometime.

No comments: